What is the mission of the Outreach & Hospitality team?
The Outreach and Hospitality team welcomes visitors and reaches out to the community to invite others to join us in our faith journey, through worship, activities and events. We strive to be a welcoming visible presence in our community by participating in multiple activities and missions.
What are some specific Outreach & Hospitality activities and missions?
- Brighton Summerfest – Annual outdoor celebration of Brighton’s rich diversity in which we setup free games for kids of all ages to enjoy.
- Brighton Help for Homes – City-wide work day with teams formed to help the elderly and disabled to make their homes safe, warm and dry.
- Vacation Bible School – Helping out in several ways including assisting with getting the word out to community-wide families about our fantastic Vacation Bible School event held each summer in July. Grab your kids and come join us for our next Vacation Bible School event July 30th – August 3rd, 2018!
- Welcoming Our Visitors – We strive to make our visitors feel as welcome as possible by giving them welcome bags which includes a coupon for a free doughnut and a beverage.
- Postcard reminders for Special Events – Our team designs and sends postcards for special events to visitors & our congregation encouraging maximum participation.
- And several other activities & missions – We serve to make our Church as welcoming as possible to our community!
How can I help support the Outreach & Hospitality team?
- Come and join us! We’d love your help to spread the word that we have something fantastic to offer at the First Presbyterian Church!
- Volunteer to assist us with one of our many activities and missions!
If you are interested in joining our team to help lead folks to Christ or have any other questions, please contact Joann Briggs at [email protected].