What is the mission of a Deacon?
The role as Deacon is set forth in Scripture is one of sympathy, witness, and service after the example of Jesus Christ.
Being a Deacon is a wonderful call to service. Deacons are the “servants” or “caregivers” of the congregation. It is the duty of the Deacons to minister to those who are in need, to the sick, and to anyone in distress within and beyond our community of faith.
What are some specific BFPC Deacon ministries?
- Almost Home – Brighton community outreach helping families with emergency housing, rental and utility assistance
- Benevolent Funds – Special assistance for those in financial need
- Home bound Communion – Enabling those who are home bound to take communion
- Special events for the congregation – Seniors & Staff luncheon, ice cream social, and a soup luncheon (delicious soups btw…)
- Providing weekly coffee & donuts before and after church services on Sundays to enhance fellowship time
- Assistance at funerals
- Regular contact with their assigned parishioners for care-giving and communication of church events
- Numerous other fantastic activities including providing funding for our new website!
How can I help support the Deacons?
- Come and join us! We would love to have you come join in our mission!!!
- Talk to a Deacon to purchase King Soopers & Safeway gift cards to use to buy your groceries. There are no extra fees charged to you and 5% of the total amount put on the gift cards goes into an account we use to help fund several of our ministries.
- Ask one of the Deacons as there are numerous other ways to help out!
Deacons serve for a three year term and meetings are held monthly. If you are interested in joining us or have any other questions, please contact Jody Phillips.